Friends-International works with marginalised urban children and youth, their families and communities to become productive, independent citizens of their country. We do this by listening to and being guided by those who matter the most to us – the children and youth we work with everyday.
Friends-International has been assisting marginalized urban children and youth across the world since 1994. We now run and support projects for these children and their families in Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Indonesia, Honduras, Mexico, Egypt and Myanmar.
Friends-International and its partners reach out to over 50 000 marginalised young people -particularly street children and youth – each year. We offer a range of comprehensive services as part of our holistic approach to assisting children and their families to improve their lives.
In recognition of its work, Friends-International has been awarded:
- Order of Australia for Service to Humanity
- Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship
- Gold Medal of the Cambodian Government
- Silver Medal, “Société d’Encouragement au Progrès”
- 2008 Espiritu Award from the Isabelle Allende Foundation
- The Schwab Foundation for Social Entrepreneurship, Social Entrepreneur of the Year, East Asia, 2009
For more information visit www.friends-international.org